Vern’s Glass was started in 1957 by Vern and Mickee James. Along with their son, Vern Jr., and incredible work ethic, they built a business that has stood the test of time. Vern James started in the glass business down in San Bernardino when he was just a youngster. In 1957 they moved to Lucerne Valley where Vern worked for Lucerne Valley Glass.
It wasn’t long after that same year that Vern and Mickee began Vern’s Mobile Glass. They set up shop in rural Apple Valley and traveled to people’s homes or commercial buildings to perform their services. For the next 20 years, they worked hard and saved their money. They bought property on Anacapa Road in Victorville, hoping to one day build a new building there.